Help Desk Technician
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology the Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing support, setup and maintenance summarized as – troubleshooting hardware / software, telecommunications and general workstation and networking issues. The Help Desk Technician may also coordinate the planning and project management for Zoo IT initiatives.
1. Identify, track, resolve or escalate hardware and software problems that affect PC’s and Zoo network applications.
2. Provide user assistance on efficient use of Zoo software applications.
3. Provide users with network technical support.
4. Add, change, delete or reset user access to Zoo applications and systems.
5. Prepare detailed, accurate, and timely support documentation where required, including trouble tickets and project work orders.
6. Maintain and complete daily logs verification and turnovers.
7. Prepare and distribute written communication to user community to advise of problems or changes related to systems and availability.
8. Establish network users, user environments, directories and security for networks being installed.
9. Coordinate technical assistance to resolve telecommunication and Network operational issues.
10. Provide off-hours support and weekend coverage on a rotating basis.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Ability Required
1. 2 - 4 years college or university program certificate with a minimum two years related experience in a computer, technical or Help Desk environment preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Windows Operating Systems and all Microsoft Office products necessary. Demonstrated knowledge of PC troubleshooting protocols and methodologies also required.
3. Superb customer service skills including the ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with peers and subordinates; superior interpersonal ability; ability to work effectively with diverse personalities; tactful; mature; flexible.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to maintain accurate records and to respond in a service-oriented manner to employee requests regarding computer questions.
5. Experience establishing and managing multiple priorities within established time frames. Ability to initiate, co-ordinate and organize projects/tasks through to completion accurately and on time.
6. Regular weekend required and some evening hours may be required. Operating conditions may require working extended hours, additional workdays and workweeks of more than 40 hours.
Physical and Medical Requirements
1. Successful completion of a post-offer drug test and TB test prior to starting to work.
2. No allergies related to plants or animals that may interfere with the ability to work.
3. Ability to lift 40 lbs in order to relocate physical equipment
1. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.