Seasonal Outreach Educator 2014
This position performs all vital functions of Outreach educational interpretation, including but not limited to, presenting programs for school auditoriums, classrooms, community and corporate events, after-school programs, preschools and birthday parties.
Educators will provide information, in accordance with the Zoo’s goals, specifically: exceeding the expectations of the visitors by providing friendly, outgoing, and mannerly services, and in accordance with the Zoo’s mission, specifically: conservation, education, science and recreation.
1. Present engaging, entertaining educational programs and live animal shows for groups of children ranging in ages from toddler to high school in a variety of settings from auditoriums and classrooms to outdoor parks, birthday parties and booths.
2. Demonstrate consistent conservation education messages.
3. Possess current, valid drivers’ license and drive zoo vehicles, or assist ZOW staff in navigating directions and maps to outreach program locations.
4. Implement policies, procedures and animal safety issues.
5. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Zoo’s animal collection and specific knowledge of zoo initiatives.
6. Abide by all education animal handling guidelines and exhibit the highest standard of animal care.
7. Answer questions and provide information to visitors in a manner that is welcoming and encourages repeat visits.
8. Handle guest concerns, and resolve problems in a manner that is polite, helpful and accurate.
9. Mentor new staff and volunteers.
10. Performs other duties as arranged, including presenting programs in other Education departments – Zoo Classes, Workshops, Scout Programs, Night Flight or Summer Camps.
If interested, please complete our online application