Philadelphia Zoo Announces Two Family-Friendly Summer Events
Philadelphia, PA - (May 31, 2013) -
Philadelphia Zoo is proud to bring back two guest-favorite events for summer 2013, PECO Primate Jungle Days and the Rock n Roar Concert Series. The Zoo is committed to educating the public about exotic animals, promoting and participating in worldwide conservation efforts for endangered wildlife and providing exceptional recreational opportunities for families. These events offer both educational and entertaining enhancements to the Zoo experience for guests of all ages.
Swing into PECO Primate Reserve on June 8 and 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for a weekend-long celebration of primates. Free with Zoo admission, PECO Primate Jungle Days include arts and crafts, keeper chats and unique opportunities to learn more about your favorite primates!
The Zoo will also kick off the popular Rock n Roar Concert Series on Tuesday, June 11 at 11:00 a.m. with a performance from Yosi & The Superdads. The Zoo will host many of the area’s top family-friendly performers for this outdoor all-ages concert series on Impala Lawn. Pack your blanket, put on your dancing shoes and join the Zoo every other Tuesday through the end of August as they bring the joy and art of creating and performing live children’s music to a whole new level.
The 2013 Rock n Roar concert series features:
• June 11: Yosi & The Superdads—This rock-based, award winning band claims to be faster than a speeding toddler, more powerful than finger paint, and able to leap tall piles of laundry while paying bills and singing in four-part harmony.
• June 25: Steve Pullara and Cool Beans Music® —During concerts, Cool Beans Music® blends the use of drawing and music to create a dynamic learning environment that is also fun to sing along and dance to.
• July 9: Mister G—Mister G performs music from several genres: including rock, ska, and funk. He has been critically acclaimed by People magazine, Parent’s Magazine, the New York Post and other major media outlets.
• July 23: Ernie & Neal— Ernie & Neal explore all kids of sound, rhythm and rhyme to deliver a high energy, fun loving performance that will get the whole family dancing. While rocking out, they feature a musical combination of sing, play, storytelling, entertainment and education.
• August 6: The Paisley Pickles—The Paisley Pickles are sure to keep the whole family entertained and learning.
They feature sounds of everything from punk to jazz.
• August 20: Cris & Lou— With their own unique style of pop-rock, Cris & Lou’s live performances incorporate fast-paced entertainment and props to entertain kids and teach them about virtuous behavior.
All participating bands are appropriate for family members of all ages. The concerts in the series are rain or shine with an alternate indoor location available in the event of rain. Rock n Roar is free with regular Zoo admission. For more information, or to purchase Zoo tickets, visit www.PhiladelphiaZoo.org.
ABOUT THE PHILADELPHIA ZOO:
America's first zoo and one of the region's foremost conservation organizations, the Philadelphia Zoo is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. By connecting people with wildlife, the Philadelphia Zoo creates joyful discovery and inspires action for animals and habitats. The Philadelphia region’s leading family destination, the Zoo welcomed more than 1.2 million visitors last year. The Philadelphia Zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. To become a member, donate or to purchase tickets please visit www.philadelphiazoo.org