LumiNaturepresented by Chase
Presented by J.P Morgan Chase
This Fantastical Holiday Season Light Extravaganza Opens
Wednesday, November 20 through January 5th
PHILADELPHIA, PA—(October 15, 2019) —Tickets are now on sale for LumiNature, a fantastical new holiday season light experience set to transform the Zoo, taking guests on a magical journey of illuminations, music, sound and surprises. LumiNature opens to the public on Wednesday, November 20th, guests must purchase timed-tickets at www.PhiladelphiaZoo.org.
“LumiNature will transform the Zoo from its daytime magic into a winter wonderland, immersing guests in a joyous multi-media light and music spectacular,” says Amy Shearer, Philadelphia Zoo’s Chief Marketing Officer. “We will shine a light on the world’s elusive big cats and flamboyant peacocks, lit flamingos will have their moment on their own 25 foot tree, a 35 foot polar bear made out of 23,000 pounds of recycled car doors will share the magnificence of our planet, and all four seasons will host their very own party….all through the artistry of lights, media, sound and nature itself.”
LumiNature will come alive as guests roam 12 different illuminated experience zones – each with their own wildlife message and theme. Combined with seasonal fare, unique holiday retail opportunities, strolling performers, hot chocolate and ever-warming adult beverages, LumiNature is sure to spark the holiday spirit in everyone.
Philadelphia Zoo teamed up with industry giants Oak Island Creative, a leader in illumination and KB Associates, an internationally renowned design and production firm, known for creating hundreds of ground-breaking theatrical shows, concerts and events, to bring compelling storytelling and unique theatrics to this exciting new
experience. “We are thrilled to work with such creative teams to create this one-of-a-kind event for our great city” says Shearer.
Philly PHLASH® will run extended evening service Friday – Sunday from 6:00-10:00 p.m. from Love Park (16th & JFK Blvd.) to the Philadelphia Zoo for LumiNature.
Ride the PHLASH evening service for $2.00 roundtrip. Children under 4, seniors and SEPTA pass and Key card holders ride for free. Visit RidePhillyPHLASH.com for details on daytime service and evening service updates.
LumiNature Experiences Include:
- Wonder of Slumber: Your adventure begins as you arrive and enter a beautiful and dreamy setting of lit orbs and giant illuminated flowers.
- The Dreamery: A wishing well of sorts where guests are invited to let their imaginations run wild as they think about their dreams and those of the animals at the Zoo! With a wave of the hand, bubbles, lights, and steam will emerge promising their wishes have now been sent out into the night.
- Snake Awake: Slither through brilliant purples, blues and greens as a giant snake slithers along beside you…and…every once in a while, a big illuminated mouse will appear suggesting a whimsical dance of a chase taking place.
- Frog Fantastical: Color washes throughout the trees and water-like images appear on the path before you. You might just be thinking ‘is that frogs I hear’ as imaginary frogs jump with light from place to place around you. Wait for the splash!
- Color me Chameleon: A kaleidoscope of color fills this festive plaza inviting guests to shop for their favorite light up items at the Zoo’s very first glow bar.
- Big Cat Stalk: What do the big cats dream of? Maybe us! As you meander through this path of tall illuminated ‘grass’, the stalking eyes of these frisky felines will appear and disappear making you wonder if you are what they are dreaming of.
- Evergreen Dreams: Make a stop at this outdoor food and beverage park and you just might hear something…the trees have something to say. Situated in this lovely outdoor hang out are some surprising trees that come to life as they sing and welcome you to LumiNature.
- Seasonbration: All four seasons host their very own party. Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall all have a point of view that comes to life via lights, music, and special effects.
- Northern Lights: Serving as a massive focal point, a 35-foot polar bear named Polaris made entirely from white recycled car doors transforms into a gigantic screen that shares the magnificence and diversity of our planet. Surrounded by programmed, illuminated ice bergs and dancing lights, Polaris will be a centerpiece of each evening’s experience.
- Flamingo Fancy: Guests will be surprised as they walk along brilliantly lit 8-foot pink ‘flamingos’ when they encounter the most whimsical tree within LumiNature: a 25-foot beauty made entirely of lit flamingo lawn ornaments!
- Peacock Spectacular: We all know that peacocks like to take center stage, but guests will be able to do so in this jewel-toned zone. Standing before giant, lit peacock feathers, people can get the most unique holiday picture of the season. Beautifully colored trees and mirrored balls will create a medley of illumination 360°.
- Penguin Peace on Earth: Who better to say goodnight and wish every creature on our planet good will but penguins! Hundreds of illuminated penguins will fill the Zoo’s lawn to bid guests farewell and wish them a very special holiday season in true Zoo fashion.
ABOUT PHILADELPHIA ZOO:
Animals are on the move like never before at Philadelphia Zoo with Zoo360, a first-in-the-world system of see-through trails passing through treetops, crossing over pathways and connecting habitats, giving animals like amazing big cats, majestic primates and marvelous meerkats the opportunities to travel and explore. Visit our new baby western lowland gorillas, giraffes, hippos, white rhino, zebras, red pandas, Amur tigers and more at America’s first Zoo. Explore our 42-acre Victorian garden and enjoy award-winning exhibits like KeyBank Big Cat Falls, PECO Primate Reserve, McNeil Avian Center and KidZooU, a wildlife academy that offers dynamic displays, rare breeds and hands-on experiences. Philadelphia Zoo is the second highest ticketed attraction in Philadelphia, one of the region’s foremost conservation organizations and home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. By connecting people with wildlife, Philadelphia Zoo creates joyful discovery and inspires action for animals and habitats. The Zoo welcomed more than 1.25 million visitors last year. Philadelphia Zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Philadelphia Zoo is a non-smoking facility. For more information on, as or to purchase and print tickets online, visit us at www.PhiladelphiaZoo.org.