The UNLESS Contest
The Albert M. Greenfield UNLESS Contest is a student-driven, project-based learning program that empowers K-12 students to take action for endangered wildlife.
*Please note UNLESS Contest registration for the 2019-2020 school year is now closed.
Making a Difference
Over the past seven years, the Zoo has engaged more than 17,000 students from nearly 400 schools in the Delaware Valley region as part of this initiative. The efforts of our participants have reached over 12 million people!
The UNLESS Contest helps teachers meet a variety of local and national curriculum standards.
- Environment and Ecology: 3.3.8.A2; 4.1.7.E; 4.1.8.D; 4.1.8.F; 4.2.6.C; 4.3.2.A; 4.4.6.A; 4.5.2.D; 4.5.6.D; 4.5.7.C; 4.5.7.D; 4.5.8.A; 4.5.8.C; 4.5.8.D
- Science and Technology and Engineering: 3.1.C.; 15.2.8.L; 15.4.8.A; 15.3.8A; 15.3.8.G
- English Language Arts: 4. Writing; 6. Creative Communicator A; 7. Global Collaborator C; CC.1.2: Reading Informational Text; CC.1.2.2.A; CC.1.2.2.L; CC.1.5: Speaking and Listening; CC.1.5.8. A; CC.1.5.8. D; CC.126.96.36.199. G; CC.2.4.4.A.2; CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.4.7; CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.4.10
- Mathematics: M04.D-M.2.1.3; CC.2.4.5.A.2; M05.D-M.2.1
- Next Generation Science Standards: HS-ESS2-1 Earth’s Systems; HS-ESS2-6 Earth’s Systems; ESS3 Earth and Human Activity; HS.Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems; 4-ESS3-1 Earth and Human Activity; 5-ESS3-1 Earth and Human Activity