The Zoo Changes You
Looking for a fulfilling career at one of Philadelphia's most beloved cultural institutions? Whether you are involved with caring for animals, educating our visitors, or working in a behind-the-scenes position in administration, maintenance, or garden services, all of our positions share our institutional mission, purpose, and our core values.
Benefits of Working at the Zoo
Benefits of Working at the ZooSee Current Openings
- Healthcare, 401K, paid time off, and more.
- Enjoy staff discounts of 35% on dining and 30% on most retail purchases.
- Be involved in a mission-based organization that makes a real, tangible difference for people and wildlife not only in our local and regional community, but across the globe.
- Receive a free annual membership to the Zoo, 40 complimentary Zoo tickets for qualified employees, and free reciprocal admission to local cultural institutions with Zoo ID.
- Get access to exclusive family and friends events throughout the year—like a first look at our LumiNature holiday light extravaganza, and more!
- Bragging rights! Philadelphia Zoo is America's first zoo and is home to more than 1,300 animals, including numerous rare and endangered species.
Mission & Vision
Our Mission: By connecting people with animals, Philadelphia Zoo creates joyful discovery and inspires action for wildlife.
Our Vision: We are caretakers of a world in which people and animals thrive—together.
Core Values: At Philadelphia Zoo, we strive to act with integrity, value our differences, help others, encourage candor, be passionate, and be a change agent.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
At Philadelphia Zoo, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is reflected in our work—both locally and around the world. We are fully committed to building a workplace that values differences. We strongly encourage all persons to apply, including people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community.