Zoo Safety & Etiquette
Zoo Safety & Etiquette:
Safety for all is our highest priority, so for the benefit of the animals, guests, and staff, please follow the Zoo’s safety and etiquette guidelines and policies below. Your participation helps create a memorable, safe, and happy experience at the Zoo.
Helpful Tips & Reminders for your Visit:
The Zoo is partnering with weapons detection system Evolv Technology, which will allow you to walk right through security screening without having to stop to open bags or be checked individually as you enter the Zoo unless the system indicates further screening is needed. Please plan for extra time to enter the Zoo as we implement this new system.
Items Strictly Prohibited:
- Weapons, firearms, knives, clubs, or related items
- Flammable liquids, fireworks, ammunition, explosives, or related devices
- Paint, spray cans, aerosols, or other inappropriate items
- Drones and/or or any similar remote-controlled /flying devices, is not permitted on the property without prior approval
- Smoking is prohibited, including e-cigarettes.
- Do not feed the animals, throw objects, tap or bang on exhibit glass
- Respect walls and fences throughout the zoo
- See something? Say something! If you notice someone acting inappropriately or dangerously, please contact a Zoo staff member by using a red emergency phone on Zoo grounds.
The Zoo does not issue rain checks or refunds. Philadelphia Zoo is private property, all rights are expressed and implied. All guests are welcome to take photographs and video for personal use only. If photos are needed for commercial purposes please contact [email protected] for approval.