Register for UNLESS
Ready to take the next step?
Below is all the information you need to register for this year’s UNLESS Contest.
Registration opens: October 1
Registration closes: November 30
UNLESS Contest end date: March 31 (must submit Final Report by this date)
Group size: Up to 40 students (no limit to the number of registered groups per school, but each team must complete separate projects)
- Choose a challenge to work on and a focus animal to be the face of your campaign
- Conduct a student-led, campaign-based project that gets your community involved
- Submit quantitative and qualitative results from your challenge at the end of the contest
- Register your group.
- Join at least one video chat session with the Philadelphia Zoo (you can schedule this at your convenience).
- Schedule a field trip with a Zoo Expert.
- Develop and implement a student-driven campaign focused on a chosen animal and challenge to effect change in your community.
- Submit quantitative and qualitative results in a Final Report.
- Celebrate your hard work at the UNLESS Contest Celebration Event.
A more detailed look at what is expected can be found on the Participation Portal.
After almost a year of hard work helping wildlife, we want to celebrate your efforts! All will be invited to attend the UNLESS Contest Celebration Event in May (Date TBD). At the ceremony, winners of this year’s contest will be announced, and top place winners will receive an award and a monetary prize.
Register for the UNLESS Contest
Registration for the 2022-23 UNLESS Contest is now open! Fill out the form below if your class is interested in participating. Our team will be in touch with more information!